Information security regulations
The security of individual citizens, various organizations and the entire state largely depends on the level of information security. The development of computer technology requires increased attention to ensuring the safe storage and transmission of information, the disclosure of which is unacceptable. The services responsible for organizing information security, in their activities, rely on legislative norms and rules, as well as articles of the Criminal Code concerning the field of information protection.
The regulatory and legal documents provide for measures of "restrictive" and "constructive" orientation. “Restrictive” measures relate to liability and punishment for violation of safety rules and regulations. "Creative" are associated with raising awareness of citizens in this area, as well as the development and dissemination of various protective technologies and means.
Types of legal documents dedicated to the protection of information
Legal documentation relating to the protection of classified information is divided into the following types:
- Basic laws of the Russian Federation in the field of information technologies, in particular, "On information, informatization and protection of information", "On state secrets";
- Laws concerning information support and data exchange in certain areas of activity, for example, "On Banks and Banking Activities", "On Geodesy and Cartography", "On Federal Government Communications Bodies", "On Advertising", "On the Mass Media", “On participation in international information exchange”;
- Legal documents (from the field of civil, administrative and labor law). These include the Civil and Criminal Code of Russia, the Code of Labor Laws;
- Orders of the government of the Russian Federation;
- State standards;
- Decrees and decrees of the government and the president of the Russian Federation. Among them: "On the list of confidential information", rules regarding data constituting a state secret;
- Departmental normative documentation;
- Guidelines, checklists, letters, instructions, teaching aids;
- Regional legislative information and legal regulations (orders of the local administration).
Content of laws relating to the protection of classified materials
It stipulates the structure and direction of activity of information services, defines the rights and obligations of citizens, organizations and government agencies that own commercial or state secrets.
Regulatory documentation establishes the procedure for storing data on paper and electronic media, confirms the ownership of individuals and legal entities for certain types of confidential information.
The normative acts stipulate the degree of secrecy of various types of information according to the level of its availability, and also determine the features of legal protection.
Legal regulations state that the company that owns the classified information has the following rights:
- Appoints an employee responsible for ensuring the protection of information;
- Sets the mode of processing and storing secret data, as well as the procedure for obtaining access to them;
- Specifies the conditions for copying and distributing important information.
If the materials that, by the nature of their activities, are owned by individuals or legal entities, are related to the security of the state, then the owner can dispose of them only with the permission of the state security authorities.
Documentation of national importance contains information of limited access. They are kept in special funds, secret archives or information systems of government bodies. Here you can find information about emergencies, ecological or demographic situation in the country.
In accordance with the law of the Russian Federation "On State Secrets", specially protected materials include information from the field of military, intelligence and operational-search activities.
The laws stipulate measures to ensure the protection of information related to state foreign policy, as well as the economy, science and technology.
Decree No. 188 of the President of the Russian Federation of March 6, 1997 refers to the protection of confidential information, which includes:
- Official and commercial secrets, the disclosure of which threatens organizations with losses, loss of reputation. Measures are required to prevent leakage of important information, unauthorized access to classified materials and preserve their integrity;
- Personal data of citizens. The preservation of their confidentiality (as well as the rights to privacy, personal correspondence, telephone and other messages) is guaranteed by the Constitution of the Russian Federation;
- Secrets of legal proceedings and judicial investigations, as well as data on the health of citizens.
The legislative acts speak of the requirements for the protection of documents, media and details (passwords, keys) that allow you to enter the information system.
The regulations on information security measures refer to the procedure for using software, hardware, cryptographic, organizational and other means.
Regulatory documents and laws related to the protection of information are the basis for developing methods to ensure its confidentiality. Data of a private nature, official and commercial secrets, as well as state secrets need protection from the encroachment of malefactors.
The legislation provides for the norms and requirements for ensuring information protection, as well as penalties for non-compliance.