Protecting business from data leakages
One of the simplest ways to steal information is transfer data from the corporate local network to removable media including USB devices, CD or DVD disks. Such devices can contain large amounts of data and due to their compact size can be taken offsite in a pocket, which makes them ideal means to exfiltrate corporate data.
Blocking access to external devices or media in order to prevent data leaks is quite a popular measure, however, a much more efficient solution is leaving the communication channels open while monitoring data transferred to external devices.
SearchInform DeviceController is a software module that monitors external devices as well as data transferred to them. The captured data is saved to a storage, and after a while, the data becomes available for search. SearchInform DeviceController enables you to control any data leaks through external devices or removable media. Besides, SearchInform DeviceController lets you restrict access to different external devices, such as scanners, modems, printers, or hard drives.
- Protects your sensitive data. The software provides full control over information flows to external devices.
- Blocks unauthorized external devices. DeviceController allows you to block different types of external devices, such as Bluetooth adapters, infrared ports, cameras, handheld PCs, and so on.
- Manages access to external devices. Unhindered access to external devices doesn't discomfort employees and lets them use the corporate hardware to the full extent.
- Blocks external devices partially or completely. Access to USB flash drives, external hard drives, or memory cards can be blocked partially, when users are allowed to read data, but cannot perform other operations (Create, Copy, Rename, Write).
- Encrypts data transferred to USB drives. Encryption allows you to prevent potential data leaks due to loss of a flash drive, as only an authorized user will be able to view the data.
- Allows you to create white lists. Trusted external devices can be whitelisted or, in other words, excluded from monitoring.
- Saves the shadow-copied data to a special storage, where, after being indexed, the data becomes available for a full-text search. The data is stored during the period specified by the user.
TRY FOR FREE