18.06.2021Back to news
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. appeared to have been compromised by its employee for about two years. The first episode of Alibaba Taobao users’ data extraction by a marketing consultant happened in 2019, since then the employee has been absorbing personal details for several months for his benefit. The court gave him three years as well as to his employer, including a fine above $70,000.
- No financial losses ensued from the malicious activity, but the episode became part of the large program launched by Beijing focused on tightening the ownership and handling of information stored or accessed by such leaders as Alibaba, Tencent Holdings Ltd., Meituan.
- Stephanie Hoffman, a model, once sued her law firm for using her confidential data taken from another suit, including her address, passport details, social security number, mobile number. The complaint was that the personal information wasn’t reviewed before showing and reusing it wasn’t approved.
- Jason Pierre-Paul, an NFL player, got the information about his injury and finger amputation necessity hit the ESPN right in the midst of negotiations before signing with a new club.
- 756GB of data, comprising phone numbers, emails, contracts, nondisclosure agreements and private messages of several celebrities, including Priyanka Chopra, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Bruce Springsteen, Idina Menzel, Bette Midler, Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson, Naomi Campbell, Robert De Niro, Sofia Vergara, Spike Lee, the Osbournes, was stolen by hackers. Attackers threaten with releasing the stolen data as leverage to extort money. Grubman Shire Meiselas & Sacks law firm went through a ransomware attack which involved the infamous REvil malware.